Following extensive enhancements and upgrades, Carnival Triumph arrived in Galveston and returned to service June 13, resuming its year-round schedule of four- and five-day cruises to Mexico.
All necessary repairs have been completed. Thousands of man hours and $115 million have been invested to enhance and upgrade Carnival Triumph. This includes significant enhancements to the ship’s emergency power capabilities, introducing new fire safety technology and improving the level of operating redundancies.
After the Carnival Triumph fire in February 2013, Carnival launched a comprehensive operational review of its 24 ships. On April 17, Carnival announced a $300 million fleetwide program to expand the availability of hotel services for the comfort of its guests in the rare instance of a shipboard event that involves the loss of power and to reinforce key shipboard operating systems to prevent a potential loss of primary power. The initiative includes:
- Upgrades to the latest, most technologically advanced fire suppression systems.
- A second emergency back-up generator on every ship to effectively power key hotel systems including toilets, elevators and food service equipment in the highly unlikely event of a loss of main power.
- Reconfiguration of key systems to ensure redundancy in propulsion and main power supplies In addition to those operational enhancements, while in dry dock Carnival Triumph received many of the latest Fun Ship 2.0 amenities, including:
- Guy’s Burger Joint, a complimentary poolside venue serving fresh-made burgers and hand-cut fries created by Food Network personality and chef Guy Fieri.
- BlueIguana Cantina, a free-of-charge Mexican cantina with custom-made tacos and burritos that can be personalized by diners at an extensive salsa and toppings bar.
- RedFrog Rum Bar, a poolside Caribbean-themed watering hole offering a variety of the region’s top rums and beers in a laid-back island-infused atmosphere.
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar, a lively and engaging poolside bar serving frozen cocktails and Mexican beers in a fun and festive environment.
- Alchemy Bar, a cocktail “pharmacy” where highly trained mixologists create custom cocktails using interesting flavors and ingredients.
- EA SPORTS Bar, an interactive sports-themed lounge where patrons can view live action, play popular EA SPORTS video games and keep up with the latest scores.
On its year-round schedule from Galveston, Carnival Triumph departs Thursdays on four-day cruises to Cozumel and Mondays and Saturdays on five-day voyages to Cozumel and Progreso, Mexico.